LEADERS IN ANTI-GRAVITY REHAB & TRAINING
AlterG® leads the way in developing transformative technology that inspires and empowers people to achieve their physical aspirations. It uses unique gravity-defying technology to redefine what’s possible in physical rehabilitation and training. The Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ systems augment physical deficits and increase mobility to improve orthopedic rehabilitation, the management of neurological and chronic conditions, active aging, and athletic performance.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND ALTERG® & BODY WEIGHT SUPPORTED THERAPY
Since 2005, AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ products have changed the way athletes and diverse patient populations rehabilitate and train. And during this time, AlterG has inspired a growing body of research spanning orthopedics, sports medicine, neurological disease, chronic condition management, and much more.
Built on innovation using NASA developed Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology, Via unweights users to as little as 20% of their bodyweight, enabling an adjustable reduction in impact and gravitational force while walking, running or during stationary exercise. The integration of Stride Smart gait analytics to measure gravitational load and provide simplified visual feedback on gait symmetry and pain levels, allows therapists to leverage objective data to work on improvements with users in real time. The AlterG Assistant goes even further to allow clinicians to choose a preprogrammed therapy session for their patient, or to design and save one of their own.
Via’s integrated Stride Smart technology provides powerful objective data during therapy:
- Weight Bearing Symmetry: Improves balance control and reduces risk of pain and joint degeneration in unaffected leg
- Step Length Symmetry: Can increase step length and walking speed to achieve a more efficient gait and reduce fall risk
- Stance Time Symmetry: Can help patients correct asymmetries leading to increased step length,
- increased walking speed, and improved stance time symmetry
- Cadence: Improvements can lead to faster gait, better mobility, and improved health
- Pain Recording: Correlating gait and unweighting data with patient-reported pain scores helps establish optimal parameters for therapy